Take a nap, go for a walk, get a massage, take a bubble bath, or anything else that helps you appreciate and connect with your body.
Wow. I really am kinda brutal to my body. Not just mentally and emotionally, but physically too. I keep myself so busy and I don't get many chances to relax and "connect with my body" in a positive way. I carried munchkin to the library and my back was killing me! Then we had bowling, and I could hardly throw the ball because my back hurt so much. But I have a wonderful husband that would give me between bowling shoulder rubs. Such a sweety!
That evening, before bed, I did yoga for about 30 minutes. It always makes me feel SO GOOD! It's relaxing, challenging, and enjoyable. I use the Wii Fit to do the yoga, but I don't use the weighing feature on the game anymore because it always made me feel terrible about myself. Now I enjoy doing an activity that in high school I thought was only for vegetarians and hippies. Boy, was I wrong!
My great hubby then gave me a back rub as I fell to sleep. Seriously; he's the best! He can always remind me that I'm beautiful when I forget. Thanks, babe!
I am trying to stay beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment