Pay attention to your thoughts today. Ask yourself: "Is what I'm thinking really true?" Practice challenging negative thoughts and replacing them with more truthful ones.
thought: "I'm so fat."
truth: I'm overweight according to health charts, but I am active and I eat healthy. My body feels good, so I should feel good about it.
thought: "I've got double wide hips."
truth: well, the above might be true, but I just gave birth 6 months ago, and having those double wide hips really helped. And my husband loves them, so I should love them, too.
thought: "I'm such a horrible mommy for (fill in the blank, anything I'm not perfect at)."
truth: I love my munchkin and will do anything for her. I'm quitting my private tutoring job so she is well cared for and Brad can work more at his job. She is the center of every day. I may not be perfect, but I'm the perfect mommy for munchkin. And where I fall short, I can call on my Savior Jesus Christ to help me where I feel weak.
thought: "I hate utah and want to move back east. NOW!"
truth: I hate living so far away from family. I miss them so much! I'm excited for that time in our lives after Brad graduates and gets a job and we move, and I REALLY hope it's closer to our families.
thought: "I must not be feeding munchkin enough because she's so small!"
truth: She's health and growing slowly but consistently. She's very happy and smart. She's perfect.
thought: "I love my family so much!"
truth: I love my family so much!
thought: "I'm a failure because I couldn't get a teaching job."
truth: I applied everywhere within a 1 hr commute where I was qualified. I spent 10-30 hrs/week applying for jobs over the summer. But at the end of the day, I'm a good mommy, and the Lord has blessed us by meeting our needs so far. I'm very lucky to get to take care of munchkin and not need a babysitter.
thought: "I'm trying to be beautiful, but I don't know if I ever will be."
truth: I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me, and I love Him. I am beautiful in His eyes. I am beautiful in my husband's eyes. I am beautiful in my daughter's eyes. I am beautiful.
Not all of my thoughts are untruthful. Some I'm totally off base, and some are just a little off the mark. When I say something negative, there is almost always a more positive truth that I can replace it with.
No comments:
Post a Comment