How much time do you spend getting ready each day? Today, use the same amount of time to get ready on the inside; mediate, write in your journal, or preform and act of service, etc.
Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010
It depends on the day, and what your definition of ready is... this morning, I had to tutor some amazing girls in Lehi. I rolled out of bed with a pounding headache at approx. 8am, took a shower, got dressed, fed the munchkin, brushed my hair, helped Brad find a contact that he dropped on the bathroom floor, ate a bowl of cereal, found my dead cell phone and hooked it to the charger, and moved laundry to the dryer, all before leaving the house to go tutor at 9:30am. Some days, I never leave the house and take care of munchkin all day and never get out of my pajamas.
I love having something to do each day, especially in the morning, because it makes me get up and I always feel more productive when I do. I like myself more when I feel productive; but at the same time, I struggle to feel like a good mom if I am productive around the house at the expense of spending time with my munchkin. Do I wash dishes, do laundry, vacuum, tidy up take out the trash, make dinner, and clean the bathroom while munchkin rolls around in her crib, or sits in her baby center and cries, or do I read to her, and take her for a walk and talk to her about everything she sees, and roll on the floor and laugh with her, tickle her tummy, and play with her? It's tough to do it all. And I've never been able to fit it all in one day, even though I feel the pressure to do so. I guess the simple answer is to do a little of both. I've always been one of those just-get-to-it-and-finish-it-all-at-once kinda of people. Having a baby has realy made me aave to change that; and it's something I'm still working on.
Tomorrow's challenge is to workout for fun, even if it makes me self-conscious of my body. But since I likely won't get the chance tomorrow, tonight I'm going to go to Zumba at BYU. Tomorrow after Brad gets back from class, we are driving to California for Brady and Tami's reception (Brad's the Best Man). Yay for long car rides with Munchkin! It's going to be a roughly 10-11 hr drive, one-way. And we need to be back by Sunday at 5pm to have dinner at Brad's Aunt June's house. We're gearing up for a whorl-wind weekend!
I'll have lots of updates about my weekend and the challenge when I get back next week. Just so I remember-- tomorrow is exercise for dun day (which I'm kinda cheating and doing tonight instead), Saturday is No Fat Talk day, and Sunday is No Media day. I want to remember these and stick to this recapturing beauty challenge, even though I'll be gone this weekend. I know that I've been feeling great the past few days. I'm feeling more beautiful each day; and I hope you are too! Now to take a walk with the munchkin to the library. We love that place; especially on Friday mornings at 10am for Book Babies!
I'm trying to be beautiful.
Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010
today, I cleaned the house. Washing ALL the laundry (4 loads including all the towels), folding and hanging up laundry, making beds, re-arranging furniture, vacuuming, dishes, cleaning the stove and sink, and making dinner. all while taking care of munchkin. tho, i must admit, she made it easy by taking a nearly 4 hour nap this afternoon! I always feel better after cleaning. In fact, i think one of my favorite feelings ever is working really hard to clean the house and then being able to sit down with a smoothie and just sit. enjoying a clean home. it feels so refreshing to work so hard to clean and then sit and enjoy the fruits of my labors. i realize these moments will become much less frequent as munchkin grows older, more mobile and active. but for now, i'm enjoying my clean home!
it makes me feel beautiful-- inside and out.
ps: I was very sad that there was no zumba today... i'd really like to go, but for the past month, there's always been something fall through. 1 week i got sick the night before after going swimming, the next week it was cancelled for stephanie neilson's talk, last week the instructor didn't show up after many of us waited around for 15-20 minutes. and this week, it just isn't scheduled. next week, it's at 9pm. hoping i can go then. anyone want to come with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment