Refrain from weighing yourself today and for the rest of the challenge.
with an additionat end for mon. oct 11, the real day 1 of the challenge.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Thanks to some great advice from a very smart woman, I've been personally challenging myself to refrain from weighing myself for a few weeks now. It definitely makes a difference in how I feel about myself. I'm not obsessing over a number on the scale, but rather, focusing on how my body feels. I'm not focusing on my pant size either because I've just come to understand that having a baby changes my body shape. I cant judge myself based on before my pregnancy, because my body has changed, and I would never take back having my precious munchkin.
Today was a real challenge to not get upset about my body shape and pant/skirt size. Tomorrow is a wedding, adn I was looking for a new skirt to wear. Time after time, I looked at the size tag and had to keep reminding myself-- it's just a number. It doesn't matter the number, but if it fits, it will look better than something with a smaller number. (thank you, What Not To Wear!). I hate shopping for clothes. It always finds a way to depress me about the way I look. But after every store, I just reminded myself-- I'm beautiful. I'm not going to let numbers determine how I feel about myself. It was TOUGH. But finally, at JC Penny's, I found a very pretty plum colored dress-- on the clearance rack-- it fit! And I love it! I'm so glad I persisted ad didn't give up and get depressed like I usually do. It was supposed to be a $90 dress, but it was 80% off. I paid less than $20! Talk about a good ego boost. Picture will be posted soon!
I'm beautiful. And so are you.
Monday, October 11, 2010
ok, so here's round two! Since i started a week early, i noticed day 5 and 6, and recognized that those are tougher challenges for me than some of the others. I've noticed that I constantly compare myself to other women-- and it's usually in a way that makes me think everyone else is prettier than me. i'm challenging myself to not do that the whole challenge, not just day 5 or 6, i don't remember which. i'm going to challenge myself to not only not compare myself to others, but when i find that i am, i need to replace those thoughts with something positive... any ideas what those positive things should be?
i am beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment