Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 3

List 10 things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with your appearance,then list 10 things you like about your appearance.

Wow! This was tough, but I did it! My lists are in no particular order.

Nothing to Do With My Appearance
1. I'm a mommy to the most wonderful little girl on the planet! I love my munchkin!
2. I'm married to the most wonderful, patient, and loving man on the planet! Lovies to Brad!
3. I graduated from Brigham Young University, 3 days after munchkin was born, and I still walked.
4. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I've been blessed to go the the temple and be sealed to my wonderful family for time and all eternity.
5. I can change a diaper in less than 30 seconds.6. I get to spend my days with munchkin, playing with her and teaching her all about this world and the gospel.
7. My memory is pretty great... but also pretty selective. I can remember things I learned in elementary school, high school, and college very clearly; but other times I can start walking to the bathroom, and forget I had to go and start doing dishes and making dinner.
8. I can make Brad and Naomi laugh, even though it's at me being silly. I like being silly if it makes them smile and laugh.
9. I get to work with kids all the time, helping them learn! I LOVE teaching kids of all ages. I get paid to do what I love-- teach!
10. I'm a big sister to 2 awesome little sisters, and an amazing little brother. I love those kids!

My Appearance
1. My eyes. They are an interesting combination of colors, and I think they are pretty.
2. I'm not hairy. I don't have to pluck my eyebrows, or wax a hairy upper lip, and I only need to shave my legs once every couple of weeks. It's great.
3. I can hold munchkin on my hips easily. And being pregnant was actually pretty comfortable until 38 weeks, thanks to the family hips. I wasn't grateful for them until recently, but now I am oh-so-grateful for them.
4. I can feed my daughter. How awesome is it that I don't have to make a bottle when she's hungry; I can just feed her. At least for a few more months anyway. Some women have a very tough time with breastfeeding, but it's been great for me! (Does this count for appearance? I know breastfeeding has definitely affected my appearance!)
5. my hands. I think they are cute and small, and I like my hands. They do so much for me!
6. I have long "monkey toes." It helps when I need to pick something up but am holding munchkin and can't bend down to get it with a hand.7. I think I have 1 wrinkle... but it's from smiling. And when I'm smiling, you can't tell. So I like to smile a lot. :-)
8. I think the shape of my face is pretty.
9. I've never needed braces because my teeth are naturally pretty straight. yay for no braces!
10. I have strong and healthy fingernails.

11 (bonus). Brad and I made one very VERY cute little munchkin. She got all the best traits from me and Brad and is the epitome of beautiful, inside and out. I love my little munchkin!

And since i have such an amazing husband, and had already done my lists last week, he made a list of 10 thigns he likes about me not related to my appearance, and 10 things he likes about my appearance. what a sweetie! in case i every have trouble remembering why i should love myself, i've always got him.

Not Related to My Appearance (from Brad)
1. I love the respect that you show me even when I'm not around. You value my opinions and never talk bad about me to others when it is tempting to because of something dumb I do or when your friends or peers complain about their husbands.
2. I love your spirituality. You are so close to the spirit in receiving direction when tough choices or trials befall you/us. YOu help motivate me to do better things with my life everyday.
3. I love your ability to be a mother. You're not afraid and always kind and patient with our daughter. She will learn great things from you that she will use for her own parenting skills.
4. I love your uncanny ability to remember things from out of nowhere.
5. I love your tired remarks as we travel: "Oh look! There's horsies; they're not cows!" and "I love the feel of photosynthesis in the morning!" and "Look! a rocketship... in utah!"
6. I love that you love to be clean and like to clean around the house. I really appreciate it when you randomly get into your super-cleaning mode.
7. I lvoe your unconditional love towards your family and mine. The ability to love, not matter what, and show it, is rare these days.
8. I love your ability to forgive me when I do stupid stuff.
9. I love your interest in education. If you lacked anything at all from your current level , I might not be doing what I am in school. You are a great motivation for me. Your interest in education will also help our children do great things in their lives.
10. I love your interest in politics. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't give a darn about them. As you have explained the issues to me and why they are important, I have gained an interest to the point where I might actually vote next time.

My Appearance (from Brad)
1. I love your smiles; ranging from "i'm sweet and innocent" to showing joy around Naomi to just just smiling because you're happy.
2. "i like big butts and I cannot lie..." Yours is perfection.
3. I love your body size. I love being able to rough house with you and not worry too much about hurting you.
4. I love the distribution of your body shape. Your curves are dangerous!
5. I love your breasts.
6. I love your beautiful legs. I really do. Especially when they are tightly wrapped up in your jeans or shorts.
7. I love your red hair, even though it's dyed. It's so beautiful and makes you gorgeous.
8. I love your beautiful blue/rusty eyes. I wish I could just stare into them forever.
9. I love your hands. They scratch my back and head so well, as well as give great shoulder and back massages.
10. I love how you look in the clothes we buy you and the smile it brings to your face when you actually find something in the store that fits you and you love it. It makes me smile for days.

No comments: