No movies, TV, magazines, or internet surfing today. Instead, take time to tune into nature and be in touch with your inner self.
Since this was a Sunday, this was really easy. What else can I say? But I didn't exactly get to "tune into nature." Brad and I have terrible hay-fever, and Brad and I are worried that munchkin does, too. When we go out, he eyes get kinda puffy and red and she sneezes a lot for the rest of the day. Plus, it was raining.
I did get to go visit one my best friends and her new husband on Sunday. We played Killer Bunnies and had lots of fun.
You know what though,this prompt reminds me of a prompt for my Young Women's camp journal a while back. We were supposed to sit in the woods, read the First Vision of Joseph Smith, contemplate nature, pray to know the Book of Mormon was true, and then write our expereinces. Another year, we read the creation story in the Bible, along with the Joseph Smith Translation and the Book of Moses in the Pearl of Great Price, then pray expressing gratitude for the earth, and write about our experiences. Both times, I'm pretty sure I was distracted by the mosquitoes and worried about ticks and snakes. But I'm thinking about them now, wishing I had my camp journal with me.
Heavenly Father created our bodies. They are His creation, and I am so grateful for mine. I was designed perfectly for what I need my body for in this life. Wow! I want to remember that.
My body is perfect for its creation, because it was designed by a perfect and loving Father in Heaven. It is beautiful. I am beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment