Ever have a dream that, even though you knew it was a dream when you wake up, still shakes you to your core and leaves you feeling the emotions that you felt in your dream so intensely that it's ridiculous? i had one of those last night. They rarely happen to me-- I can usually wake up and just realize the I was just dreaming and everything is ok. But not this morning. This morning I was a total wreck.
If you want to read my entire dream, check it out at my dream blog: All You Gotta Do Is Dream. but the short version is that Brad died in my dream, and his ghost told me that I couldn't hug him, and that after he left, I would never see him again until I died, even though he would be my guardian angel. I was so out of my mind with sadness and wanting to just have a hug from Brad, that when I woke up, and he was in the kitchen filling the dishwasher, i just ran to him and gave him the biggest hug and would not let him go.
I know I've got the sweetest husband ever. Even in my dreams, he reminds me that he's always there for me. But this morning, he stayed with me for about 30 minutes, just reassuring me that he was, in fact, real and alive. he even offered to call in at work and skip class to stay home with me today. but eventually i came to my senses and told him that he needed to work and go to class and turn in his homework. But he could only do that if he promised to not die today. he promised.
i love my husband so much! I couldn't imagine living with out him in my life everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment