Today was our first day of home preschool for the munchkin! It was so much fun, too.
For now, I'm kinda just going with the flow and "testing the waters" with munchkin.
The method for now is to just pull out my book What Your Preschooler Needs to Know, and the accompanying activity book and just thumb through some parts and let Naomi pick what she wants to learn.
She chose "I'm a Little Teapot," and George Washington. And then decided she wanted to make an American Flag like Betsy Ross.
So that's exactly what we did.
I taught her how to sing and dance to "I'm a Little Teapot." Lots of fun!
Then we cuddled and read the story about George Washington and The Cherry Tree. The next story was about Betsy Ross, with a picture of her sewing the first American Flag, and Naomi wanted to make one, too. So we grabbed some construction paper and went to town.
In the process we learned...
counting (1-13) for the stars and stripes
patterns-- alternating red and white stripes for the flag
shapes-- stars, rectangles, square, circle (you can prolly tell our circle of stars broke down in the pic below... we're working on it)
colors-- she had to pick out what colors the flag were from our big pile of construction paper
how to use scissors and glue (this is a work in progress!)
And them we learned the first part of the "Pledge of Allegiance"
"I pledge my allegiance to the flag of the United States of America..."
I figured the whole thing is pretty long and we'll keep working on it. :-) She isn't even 3 yet, so I think we're ok.
And we did all this in less than 1 hour! Munchkin had so much fun; I did, too! I call this a big success for DAY 1. And a lifetime of learning up ahead...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment