Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil* (I used olive oil.)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)* I didn't use these-- I don't like nuts in my cookies.
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
3. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the pumpkin mixture.
4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
5. Add vanilla and chocolate chips (and nuts if you use those, too).
6. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
They are very cake-like and will stay soft and chewy, even if left out overnight. My favorite kind of cookie! A friend of mine suggested that you could also leave out the chocolate chips and then ice them with cream cheese frosting-- I'm going to have to try this because that sounds delicious, also!
Thanks, Daylin, for sharing the recipe with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment