Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting Domestic

A good friend is helping teach me to sew and make really awesome stuff.  So far, I've had two projects-- making the munchkin a pair of pants and making munchkin a peas in a pod toy.  I finished her pants yesterday, and I think they look fabulous.
I think it's like a flannel fabric in dark blue, with yellow ribbon with flowers on it around the cuffs of the pants and the waist band.  The onesie was a gift from Brad's Aunt June when Naomi was a newborn.  (it's a size 3-6 months, and she's 11 months old in this picture).

For my second project I've been working on the peas in a pod.  The peas are done, but the pod is about to go in for attempt #3-- I've made it too small twice!  But here's a picture of two of the peas (one has gone missing already) and the too small pod...


and a non-sewing project... I'm decorated some letters to put in naomi's room that spell her name.  Found some white ones at hobby lobby on a 50% off sale,  so I painted them all pretty like, and hung them in her room.










I'm quite pleased with my projects lately. 
Beautiful Munchkin!
I LOVE this picture!  Munchkin looks so much like her daddy in this picture, too!
She just threw her toy out of the crib.