Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Happy Halloween Weekend

Well, that Recapturing Beauty Challenge was great. I've started a little project now with it; I've put all my blog posts about it in a word document, and am fixing it up and designing it into a little book. I'm going to add pics and colors and make it look super pretty. Then I'm going to save it as a pdf, and print it out like a little book. So I can always look back at it and remember the challenge and what I learned from it. I'm excited. Luckily, I learned how to do so mildly creative book creating when I was in my classroom management class. We had to do a "Management Plan" that we created into a little handbook. I think I learned more about designing books in word than about how to manage a classroom in that class, but it's paying off now!
(Photo courtesy of Lauren Barnes-- our awesome upstairs neighbor!)
Brad's cousin, Joanna, came through Provo and we got to visit with her. I really love that girl! She is always super nice. Example: she took graduation pictures for me on Sunday! And you're thinking, "didn't you graduate, like, 6 months ago??" And yes, you'd be correct. But since I gave birth only 3 days before graduation, I looked stoned out of my mind, my milk came in, had gotten no sleep after one day home with a baby, and was still in quite a bit of pain on graduation day-- I didn't feel like walking around campus with my 3 day old baby, fighting crowds to take pictures. You could not have paid me enough to do that. But 6 months later, I was feeling sad that I didn't have pictures to commemorate that major accomplishment. So Joanna, being her awesome self, took the pics!!! I'm so excited to see them!(Taken at the Provo Library with my phone-- too cute!)
We also had a Halloween party at Megan and Todd's (another of Brad's many awesome cousins). Munchkin stole the hearts of everyone with her cuteness as a little pumpkin. And I rocked at Just Dance 2; it's a Wii game that is now on my Christmas wish list. ;-)(I Love my pumpkin!!!)
Pictures coming soon! But here's some just to keep you coming back for more.(Thanks, Lauren, for the awesome pics! This is Brad's favorite!)
(Another Lauren Barnes masterpiece.) And this is my favorite!

Happy Halloween, from the Neeley's!

1 comment:

merrilykaroly said...

What a cute little pumpkin!!! :) And that's such a great idea to take graduation pictures-- we have one of me and Josh on our fridge so that our kids can grow up knowing how important education is to us!