Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Blog Under Construction

So, I just timidly walked into the world of using essential oils... and as part of this new journey I'm starting a new blog (eoleaning.blogspot.com).  It's under construction, none of the posts are finished, but they're "published" for the sake of being able to see something when I'm fiddling with the format/layout/etc.  It's brand new, established yesterday and I'm still trying to organize my thoughts and the layout, and I've already gotten over 60 pageviews on that page?!  what the heck?

this blog only gets about 1-2 per day.
Whatever... I'm not out to get pageviews or hits on here. I monitor it though because I'm constantly wondering if it's actually being viewed by friends and family or creepers, and if I should make it "private" again.

But seriously... how does a less-than-1-day-old blog get that many hits so fast?  And is there some way i can make it invisible until I'm ready for it to actually be seen by random people?  Or should I let it develop/evolve "publicly"?

Also, feel free to go check it out and offer constructive tips.  Just don't judge me on it.  It's a work in progress, usually when the kids are asleep and I'm not.  Which isn't often.

No comments: