Friday, August 24, 2012

Munchkin and Jesus

Sometimes, my little munchkin astounds me.  She's quick witted, insightful, serious, and downright hilarious all at the same time.  Here's just a few quick stories out of my journal about my munchkin and Jesus...

8/24/2012
today, while doing dishes, i noticed Munchkin was no longer in the living room.  I call for her and she yells back, "I'm here!" (I find her little voice is coming from in mom and dad's room).  I walk in to find her sitting up in bed, leaning casually back against the pillows (which are pilled on the bed all nicely because a potential renter is coming to see the apartment this afternoon) and she's completely engrossed in a book-- Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmadge.  I ask her, "whatcha doing, munchkin?"
she non-nonchalantly answers, "reading about Jesus," much in the manner you might expect an old man to answer had you just interrupted him reading the morning paper.

out of the mouth of babes!  my 2 year old has started to tackle that book and i haven't even ventured to try it yet.  it intimidates me... and now my toddler does, too.
i couldn't snap a picture soon enough...
as soon as she noticed what i was doing, she set the book down and smiled :-)
what a little ham!

8/19/12
while reading fro m our "picture scriptures" tonight, munchkin had her toy spatula with her. at one point she used the spatula to scoop up a spoonful of the picture of Jesus, and then said, "Yum! Good Jesus!"

yes, Jesus is good... but I'm not sure that's a judgement on how He tastes.

08/2012 (don't remember the exact day...)
munchkin picked up her toy hockey net and proceeded to carry it around the room on her shoulders (much like Christ is depicted as carrying the cross before the crucifixion).  we asked her what she was doing and she answered, "I'm Jesus!"

is that sacrilegious? should we be concerned about early-onset schizophrenia???

No comments: