Well, I'm over 39 weeks... so now it's just the waiting game.
![]() |
| I totally intended to have a "real" belly picture... but silly Ruthe came too soon and I never took one. So you'll have to make due with this picture from when I was 37 weeks and went to the zoo. :-) |
![]() |
| Just a few hours before she was born-- it's my HUGE belly picture! |
At my 38 week appointment, I saw the doctor and found out that I'm already 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. I told the doctor that I knew it didn't mean anything about when labor would start because I was dilated to 4cm and 60% to 80% effaced for 3 weeks with munchkin (heck, I'm further behind than the first time!)... for once, the doctor told me, "You're right. It doesn't really mean anything about when labor will start. Except that you're that much further ahead when you do get induced if that's what needs to happen in 3 weeks." Finally, a doctor who listened to me and trusted that I know MY body better than he does! (If I have to be induced, I'm specifically going to ask to get induced on a day when this dr is on-call!) (or i really don't know my own body that well... I seriously thought I was going to get sent home for false labor that day...)
At my 39 week appointment, I was still 3cm, but "very soft and stretchy". What's more awkward? The dr telling me this WHILE checking me and saying, "I can even stretch you to 4... or 5cm."
COMING SOON! The Birth Story of Ruthe Maedean Neeley.


No comments:
Post a Comment