Yesterday, Brad let me go shopping for some new clothes, which, for the record, I've really been NEEDING since most of mine were falling off and the only thing I felt I could wear were his gym shorts and some on my older t-shirts. I could literally take off my jeans without unbuttoning them! It was a bitter-sweet realization that i've lost enough weight and inches to need new clothes :-) , but that I looked ridiculous in my current clothes :-( . I was having to wear yoga pants under my regular pants so they wouldn't fall down...
It started off FANTASTIC! Mod Bod was having a parking lot sale-- the ad online said $25 for whatever I can fit in a bag. I got to the sale 30 minutes early and find out that it's actually $15/bag! My "allowance" was 1 bag, but since it was only $5 more to get DOUBLE, I got 2 bags! The first I filled with cute swim suits-- 3 beautiful tankini tops and 4 bottoms, and a lace cami. The second bag, I filled with a 6 Tee-shirts and a 1 piece bathing suit. I LOVE my new swim suits! I would venture to say that they are my favorite swim suits I have ever owned. And it's awesome to have more than one because the munchkin and I go to the pool so much already! The best part-- I calcuated my savings after I got home. I spent $30 on what would have cost over $340 retail! Seriously, I saved 91% on that shopping trip! And I love every piece I bought.
We had a yard sale that afternoon, and got rid of a bunch of stuff and made a decent amount of money. We needed to go food shopping, but Brad said we needed to get non-food stuff first because it was so hot outside. I've been putting off getting new clothes because I wanted to meet my next weight loss goal first... but since my clothes are falling off, we decided that getting new clothes 2 lbs early was ok. We got some cute new flip flops (not because my feet have shrunk with my weight, but because I've worn a hole in the heel of my current ones), and stopped to just try on shorts and pants at a few stores. True to form, nothing fit my ridiculous body-- small waist and huge hips and thighs. I either couldn't get them over my thighs, or they fit in the thighs and I was swimming in the waist, particularly with a huge gape in the back of my waist that I affectionately call a duck tail butt.
Eventually, we find the one and only store that has ever carried pants to accommodate my excessive "junk in the trunk." Luckily, they were having a sale, too! And I had an awesome coupon that would save us up to 30% if we calculated right. I ended up getting 2 pairs of capris (had to get some with a drawstring built into the waist, otherwise I'd have a seriously case of duck tail butt), 2 pairs of straight leg jeans and 1 pair of boot cut jeans in a size (get this!) 14!!! I have no recollection of EVER wearing a size 14 in my life. Saving report: We saved a little over 40%.
It was a great day for shopping. Seriously, all purchases combined-- we saved 67%.
Brad spoils me too much, but I like to think I make it worth it for him, because I really saved him some moolah. :-)
2 comments:
Beautiful! And way to go on saving so much!
I am just going to keep kicking myself for not making myself wake up earlier Saturday and going...
Looking good! Man that ModBod sale sounds fanTAStic!
Post a Comment