Goal: Eat three real meals today.
Journal: Compare the differences between merely eating food and eating a real meal. How does the eating experience contribute to feelings of satisfaction?
Wow. This was kinda tough. I didn't realize how routine and thoughtless me meals were. I usually wake up, feed Naomi and play with her to keep he happy and entertained. By the time it's 11am or 12noon, I realize that I'm hungry and haven't eaten anything all day. So I go for something quick and easy-- cereal. A mix of Special K Chocolaty Delight and Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal with some 1% milk. But Since I was more hungry and trying to think about what I really wanted that "morning" i decided I wanted some extra fruit and yogurt; so I made a smoothie, too. What a difference making that smoothie did for my breakfast. It was delicious! I felt pumped enough to try doing some old workout DVDs that I hadn't used since before I got pregnant. It felt so good!
After my workout, it was a little after 2pm. I was supposed to be at work at 3pm. But I needed to wake up Naomi from her nap, feed her, take a shower after working out, and eat a lunch before work. Luckily, Brad came home right then, so he made me lunch. I asked him to make me a tuna sandwich-- lots of protein after a good workout. I did need to eat it while driving to work... but I did put thought into what i wanted and why... does that count? Sometimes it is just tough to eat a sit down meal!
When I got home, it was time to start prepping dinner before I run off to my workout class at BYU. Feed Naomi. Go workout. Come home, and finish dinner. Since Brad is studying like mad for a test, and Naomi is seriously craving attention since I've been gone for most of the last 4 hours, I eat in the living room while trying to entertain Naomi, and Brad's trying to study.
Yikes! And this describes most days. I don't think I really enjoyed my meals. Breakfast was great, but I should have eaten it sooner. I should have eaten lunch in less of a hurry, and at home instead of in the car on the way to work. And dinner would have felt better if it was on a table with the whole family there instead of spread across the house trying to get everything done. While my stomach got full from my meals, I wasn't fully satisfied except after breakfast. By the time 10pm rolled around, I was feeling hungry again, but didn't eat because of our running family biggest loser challenge. I was cranky and tired. I think if i can plan meals ahead better, the whole family could enjoy happier, more satisfying meals together. I'm going to try and be better at this.
No comments:
Post a Comment