I wanted to take some time this happy Christmas season to tell you about why Christmas is so important to me. It's a day set aside to remember the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ. Now, people can research, argue, squabble, yadayadayada about what day he was really born all they want, but when my family and I celebrate Christmas, our minds are turned to our Father in Heaven in gratitude for His Son. That Christ came to earth to preform the greatest gift man would ever receive-- the Atonement-- which would allow us to return to our Father in Heaven and receive our eternal inheritance.
I love to give and to receive gifts for Christmas. I like to remember that Christmas is about both. Heavenly Father gave us His Son to save us. The wise men brought gifts to the newborn King. Let us open our hearts this Christmas to receive the Atonement, and let us also open our hands to share what we have received. Each present that we give and receive, let us remember that it is a celebration of the gifts exchanged that first Christmas, when Jesus Christ came into the world.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment