Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baby Blob's First Picture!

We got to see our baby for the first time on Friday afternoon. Crazy stuff! There really is this little, vaguely person-shaped blob growing in my tummy. And he/she has a really REALLY big head. Aunt Sam says it's cuz baby will be really smart, or really full of him/herself. Mommy and Daddy agree that it's because baby is going to take after Daddy and just have a big noggin. Mommy isn't looking forward to that in 7 months.

Baby blob is just barely and inch big, and his/her head makes up about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of his/her entire body at this point. The heartbeat was an amazing 170 beats per minute (but sadly we didn't get to hear it this time). The ultrasound was fun to have, more so for brad than me. I had to drink two large bottle of water before my appointment and wasn't allowed to use the bathroom. The entire time I'm looking at our baby on the screen, in my head I'm thinking, "I really have to pee. I need to pee. If she pushes that thing into my stomach any harder, I might not be able to hold it!" Whereas, Brad is smiling like a little kid at the movies and staring at the screen in amazement thinking, "Woah, I made that! That's so cool!" But no matter how blobby our baby is right now, we are so excited to see him/her and to finally see that he/she is really in there-- growing and making Mommy feel fat and have to use the bathroom alot.

We love our little blob!

No comments: