I've been making the effort to wake up early and workout the past week and a half. It has made a huge difference in my attitude throughout the day. For example, while trying to clean the kitchen today, my daughters ransacked the fridge and destroyed the dining room. While trying to sort dirty laundry and put a load in the washer, the children threw all the clean laundry on the floor. And instead of getting angry, I took a minute to breathe, pray, and either find a way for them to help our distract them. I was also more receptive to inspiration/revelation that perhaps my kids are making the mess to get my attention because I've been focusing on cleaning and helping Brad Neeley (healing from foot surgery), and not on paying with them. I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done, but instead of feeling depressed and defeated, I know I can do it. Thank you, heavenly Father!
This isn't much of a blog post, I know. But a few friends have noticed that I haven't posted much lately, so I'm trying, but my posts are more like a quick thought while I'm feeding the baby. This was what I wanted to remember today in case I ever need to remember why an early morning workout is so important to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment