Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Baby Loss Awareness Week

Did you know that October 9-15 this year is considered National Baby Loss Awareness Week?
I just found out a little bit ago.

Secret: I've been terrified most of my current pregnancy that I will lose my little boy... (maybe this is totally normal? there's a few reason's why, but posting them here seems inappropriate because it will only make me rant about a pet peeve, and that's not what I want to do in this post.)

I've never suffered the pain of miscarriage or losing a baby, and I hope I never do.
I don't/can't fully understand losing a baby, but ... I just wanted to make a small post in memory of those dear little ones and honoring my friends and family who've had to go through losing a baby. I have had so many friends who have suffered this loss recently, and my heart breaks for them. I won't share their names because I know it's incredibly personal, but I have cried for each of them when they've opened up to me about it.

To my friends and family who have lost a little one, I'm thinking of you this week.  You are in my thoughts and prayers, this week and often. You and your little ones are so loved.

No comments: