Ok, so I'm on the job hunt. when i tell people this, they always ask: how's that going?
I reply: not so well, but i'm trying to stay postive. something has to come up. it just has to.
and the inevitable response is something along the lines of: have you tried (this)?
yes
have you looked here?
yes.
have you talked to someone?
yes.
well, what about . . .?
yes, people! i've done it all! I have applied for EVERY, literally, EVERY teaching job that i'm qualified for within 1 hr driving radius from provo. public schools, private schools, charter schools. i've registered with teacher-teachers.com, and every school district website in utah, jobs.utah.gov, americorps.com, and monster.com. i've gone to career workshops and counselors. i've built and rebuilt my resume a dozen times. i spend 5-6 hrs per day on the computer looking for jobs. i don't know what else i can do!!! and i'm still not getting called even for an interview!
what else can i do? because the impression i get from some (not all, but quite a few) is that i obviously must not be trying hard enough or i'm doing something wrong. hell, i'm even doing my spiritual part-- praying, paying tithing and fast offering (or rather, encouraging my husband to do so cuz i don't exactly get paid in anything more than dirty diapers and baby smiles), and i would be fasting (only i'm breastfeeding, and that don't mix well with fasting).
I want a job. I need a job. and i'm doing everything i possibly can to get one. i'm frustrated and stressed about how to pay rent and how my family is going to eat once brad starts classes again in a little over a month.
what am i doing wrong?
2 comments:
you're not doing anything wrong! Never think you are doing anything wrong. If you are doing everything you can to find a job and it is not presenting itself to you, perhaps that is your answer? Maybe there is a different door that waiting for you to consider it...I'm not sure! But maybe something will open up soon! I'll keep you in my prayers. Whatever happens happens! Best of luck!
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. And I'm sure you are doing everything right. I know a lot of people are really struggling to find a job right now. I'll pray for you!
Post a Comment