I stay up till midnight planning and wake up at 5:30am to do some more planning before classes start at 8:30am. I have 1st period US Government, 2nd period Financial Literacy (co-taught with my mentor teacher), 3rd period US Government, 4th period Psychology, 5th period revolutions through History, and prep period during 6th and 7th (for now anyway. I'll prolly be teaching another section of US gov next term). It's a full day. And being pregnant complicates matters-- like the fact that I need to eat small snacks throughout the day, but don't have time. Yesterday, I didn't bring any extra snacks other than my lunch-- and after school I had a student teacher meeting. No extra food, no time to pick something up, and no refreshments at the meeting. Needless to say, I was terribly nauseous by 5pm and the meeting didn't get out till close to 6pm. Driving home, I almost passed out, but luckily a friend called me and kept me conscious for the drive home until I could grab the quickest and easiest thing to eat. After picking up my dear husband from class at 8:15pm, I went home and quickly fell asleep. I didn't get any planning done for my classes the next day, so I woke up at 5am to prep for all of my classes.
NOTE: planning 3 lessons in 3 hours for 3 different classes is a recipe for disaster. Luckily, my BYU professor came to visit me yesterday so I didn't need to be on my best for her review-- but still, my kids deserve better. This weekend is all about planning the best lessons ever. For my kids, and also for my Teacher Work Sample.
I have also started knocking things over with my ever expanding baby belly. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
good luck, Marie! you are such a hard worker-- I know you'll be blessed for it. and look at that tummy!!!! yay!
Post a Comment